The LEGO Group has announced today that it will be overhauling its Leicester Square store to make it the brand’s largest in the world. It will also be the first store in the UK to feature the LEGO Group’s new ‘Retailtainment’ concept.
Retailtainment will blend physical and digital experiences that allow shoppers to immerse themselves in the world of the famous LEGO bricks, as well as create personalised products. Some of the new innovations include:
- The Brick Lab: A world-first retail experience that immerses customers and their LEGO builds in an amazing virtual world. Walls, floors, and ceilings are brought to life with light, sound, and music for a truly interactive build and play experience.
- LEGO Expressions: Visitors can have fun with LEGO Minifigures who mimic their facial expressions.
- Tree of Discovery: An interactive model that showcases LEGO storytelling on a huge scale. The 880,000 piece structure will be the centrepiece of the store and is an expression of the LEGO Group’s commitment to being inclusive and having a positive impact on society and the planet. Visitors of all ages are invited to explore a magical wonderland hidden inside the tree through windows in its rainbow trunk.
- Storytelling Table: LEGO fans can go behind-the-scenes of the LEGO design process with the new storytelling table. They’ll learn about LEGO sets via interactive areas that allow them to “meet the designers” through interviews and videos displayed on screens, all while playing with the set in front of them.
- Personalisation Studio: This element invites visitors to make a memento of their visit. In it, they can reimagine themselves in LEGO form, either as a portrait from the Mosaic Maker or an iconic Minifigure from the LEGO Minifigure Factory.
- Exclusive LEGO models: Fans can look out for eye-catching and unique 3D LEGO models throughout the store, with a newly inspired design based on ‘Stories From London’; bringing a combination of the city of London and British culture and entertainment to life in true LEGO form.
These will be joined by much-loved LEGO Store staples including:
- Build a Minifigure Tower: LEGO lovers can mix and match from a wide selection of bottoms, tops, heads, hair pieces and accessories to customise minifigures.
- LEGO Pick a Brick Wall: The Pick a Brick Wall is a great way for fans to select the exact elements that they require for their builds.
- Hands-on Play: Opportunities include exciting and free build challenges and events each month.
Alison Wood, Retail Director & District Manager of the UK Store Operations Team, says: “We’re looking forward to overhauling the LEGO Store Leicester Square. It’s a much-loved destination for LEGO fans from across the UK and abroad so we’re excited to bring the LEGO Group’s new ‘Retailtainment’ concept to the store. The new technology will immerse visitors in the brand like never before and provide them with endless play opportunities. We can’t wait to launch it.”
The current store will function as normal until Easter. From 17 April, only the ground floor will be operational. It will remain this way until the full closure takes place end of June, ahead of the reopening in the summer holidays.
As always, the new store will continue to offer plenty of benefits for LEGO VIP members including exclusive VIP gifts with purchase, double points events and much more. LEGO fans can sign up at https://www.lego.com/en-gb/vip/rewards-center.