The Toy Foundation (TTF) is inviting the play community to submit their must-have holiday toys, games, and properties for the Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards. The prestigious U.S. awards programme supports the philanthropic work of The Toy Foundation. Companies that wish to nominate their product(s) will be able to access the form beginning today (June 1).
The TOTY Awards have shifted to a new autumn timeframe, providing finalists and winners the opportunity to gain media exposure for their hot holiday toys ahead of the critical fourth quarter. Winners will be announced on September 20 at the Toy of the Year Awards and Opening Night Party, on the opening day of The Toy Association’s 2023 Preview & 2022 Holiday Market in Dallas, TX.
Here’s everything you need to know about the submission process:
- Nominations are open from Wednesday, June 1 through Friday, July 8.
- Companies, inventors, and others industry representatives may submit their products and properties for consideration across 17 TOTY categories via the nomination form. A new Ride-On Toy category has been added.
- A nomination committee comprised of play experts, journalists, academics, retailers, and other toy experts will determine the official TOTY finalists based on each product’s creativity and originality, design and quality, and play value.
- Finalists will be revealed on August 15, at which time voting will immediately open to retailers, media, and Toy Association members through to September 2. Consumers will also be invited to vote on ToyAwards.org.
- The 17 category winners will be announced during the TOTY Awards in Dallas on September 20.
- The “People’s Choice” award and prestigious overall “Toy of the Year” winner will be announced separately in November 2022.
The TOTY Awards serve as the biggest annual fundraiser for TTF, where all proceeds generated from the nomination fees and event ticket sales go toward its high-impact grant making to children’s hospitals and global relief organisations, strategic partnerships with local and national children’s nonprofits, and toy distributions, which all work to deliver the power of play to children in need.
“We look forward to bringing everyone together in Dallas to celebrate the creativity and passion of the play community, as well as unite the industry for the benefit of children in need,” says Pamela Mastrota, executive director of The Toy Foundation. “The upcoming TOTY Awards are a must-submit and must-attend event to celebrate and praise our industry before the next TOTYs in September 2023 – don’t miss out!”
For more information on the nomination and selection process, visit TOTYAwards.org or contact email@example.com.