TOMY has announced a large-scale crowd-funded Star Trek NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise will be available for pre-order starting June 7, 2022, through July 8, 2022. Based on the starship from the original 1960s series, this offering for Star Trek fans creates a unique opportunity to own the definitive version of the iconic starship.
TOMY will be developing products across several collector toy categories, including crowd-funded Starships, die-cast vehicles, and collector plush. The crowd-funded project, culminating in the creation of the highly detailed 1/350 scale premium die-cast U.S.S. Enterprise, is the first collaboration to launch.
“This TOMY Prestige Select crowd-funded NCC-1701 Enterprise will be the centrepiece of any avid Star Trek fan’s collection,” says Bill Walters, SVP Brand Leader of TOMY International. “The quality of this die-cast replica, based on the 11-foot TV series NCC-1701 Star Trek Enterprise on exhibit at the Smithsonian Institute, is over 32in long and weighs in nearly 20lb.”
The recognised authority on the original series Enterprise, Gary Kerr, consulted on the 2016 Smithsonian restoration project and worked with TOMY designers on the development of this replica. “This model represents the culmination of my 30+ years of research and data related to the studio model,” says Kerr. “The saucer separation capability, designed with input from well-known starship designers, sets this model apart from all previous efforts. The level of detail, saucer separation, working lights, and overall die-cast metal construction demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail.”
• The saucer-section separation from the secondary hull which can be displayed with the included base – a first-time ever feature originally envisioned by Gene Roddenberry
• Electronic, light-up nacelles that replicate the special effects seen in the show
• 90% die-cast metal
• A lit hangar bay with corresponding detail
• Over 70 LED lights that mimic the illumination of the U.S.S. Enterprise, including flashing formation lights
• Highly detailed bridge with lights
• Glowing impulse drive feature
• Precision detailing and decorations
• Premium collector packaging
The TOMY U.S.S. Enterprise will be priced at $599 USD (continental United States only) and production will begin in the autumn after the goal of 5,000 pieces is met. TOMY is supporting the announcement of the limited-time, crowd-funded starship offering with a robust digital campaign targeting U.S. Star Trek fans and will also promote the preview on https://startrek-registration.tomy.com/register. The TOMY Prestige Select U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 starship is scheduled to deliver to buyers in summer 2023.